Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Reply to David's "Dazed and Confused" post

David,

I am beginning to relate with the confusion that you speak of. It seems that many websites marry podcasting and digital storytelling. Put simply, I think the difference is that digital storytelling incorporates pictures and captions, with or without audio, whereas podcasting is audio only (unless one is referring to Video Podcasting, in which case, the lines between podcasting and digital storytelling become even more blurred [Here I think the only difference would be the technology you choose to convey your story - [e.g] Ipods [video podcasting] vs. Powerpoint[digital storytelling]) From what I have read this is how I have come understand the difference. I hope this is correct and I hope this helps you out!

No comments: